Upper Mustang literally means “fertile land” in Tibetan language.Mustang trek is one of the great and wounderful trek in Nepal.Trek in mustang is a good option during the month of monsoon. Once the capital city of the ancient kingdom of Lo-Manthang, Upper Mustang trekking is definitely one of the most enigmatic and unforgettable trek you will embark on. What makes Upper Mustang Trek fascinating is, up until 1992 AD Upper Mustang was a restricted demilitarized area which makes it the most conserved region in the world.
The Upper Mustang comprises approximately northern two-third of Mustang District of Dhaulagiri Zone. Only in 1992, trekking in the region was officially started. It allowed only a few no. of trekkers keeping in consideration the delicate environment and the ancient enclosed culture of the people. A trek in this legendary Kingdom of copper red parched valleys, eroded canyon and deepest gorges decorated with yak caravans, colorful prayer flags and mudbrick houses in the backdrop of magnificent Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Tukche and Nilgiri is your ultimate journey to Shangri-La. Experience the exotic culture of the mountain people like Thakalis, Tibetan and Gurung and be part of their strong culture that has survived for centuries in the driest place of the country. The Upper Mustang Trek is fairly easy in relation to the gratifying experience it provides. We will trek along the permitted route of the Lo-Manthang to reach the maximum altitude of 3,840m. Join Nepal Eco Adventure’s Upper Mustang Trek, a 17 day journey to the land beyond the mountains, to the kingdom within a republic where till today the king is worshiped as divine.This barren landscape is dotted with settlements of white washed houses, barley fields and chortens festooned with prayer flags which add a splash of color to the landscape. Lo Manthang, the old capital, is reached in four days and at least one extra day should be spent here to catch the sights and sound of this unique walled settlement. Ponies are available for hire if you so desire. The return trip can either follow the same route while entering or, as an alternative route, the eastern bank of the Kali Gandaki may be followed.
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- Flight ticket from Pokhara to Jomsom Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathgmandu.
- Full board meals on trekking such as breakfast lunch & dinner.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available only on trekking.
- All transportation from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- First Aid Kit for staff.
- National park entry fee and TIMS card or trekking permit whatever needed.
- Down Sleeping bag ( -20)
- Trekking stick / pole.
- Potter bag ( Duffel bag)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- All hard drinks such as : Mineral water, whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad
- Personal expenses like hot shower and battery charge
- Personal equipment
- Emergency Rescue evacuation if necessary.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
- Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
- Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
- Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
- Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
- Waterproof and windproof jackets
- T – shirt preferably quick dry
- Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
- Day pack / rucksack
- Torch light with rechargeable batteries
- Personal medicine or first aid
- Towel 2 piece
- Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
- Water bottle or camel bag
- Camera with rechargeable batteries
- Money belt + padlocks and Cash
- Passport + visa copy xxx
- Trip itinerary
- Passport size of photos and Insurance policy copy
- Note book and Pen.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|