Gokyo Lake and Everest Base Camp via Cho La Pass is one of the oldest trekking trials to the southern face of Everest from Nepal. This timeless classic route was used by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary when they first successfully completed the Everest expedition in 1953 AD. The trekking trial will lead from Jiri to Gokyo Lakes and Everest Base Camp and Kala Paththar and is very famous for its iconic scenery of Himalayan and settlements in its lap.
The trek is a combination of trek two destinations which begins from Namche Bazaar, the trade hub of the region. From there we will trek through the beautiful Sherpa settlements of Dingboche, Lobuche, Chukung, Tingboche and Gorakshep. Another main highlight of the trek is the viewpoint of Kala Paththar from where we can have a panoramic view of soaring white peaks that dominate the eastern skyline. All along the way, and specially from Kala Paththar and Everest Base Camp (5.545m) we can splendid views of the Mount Everest and other equally enchanting majestic peaks above 8,000m such as Mt. Makalu (8,485m), Mt. Manaslu (8,163m), and Mt. Kanchenjunga (8,586m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,188m) among others. We will also get a unique chance to cross the Ngozumpa Glacier, the biggest one in the region. We will also visit some historic monasteries while trekking through the trial in the Dingboche and Tengboche region.
From there we will trek to the mystical valley of Gokyo. Gokyo Valley is famous for its 5 beautiful lakes. The emerald and pristine lakes and the reflection of the peaks that guard over them is a truly magnificent sight and one of the main highlights of the trek. We will also climb Gokyo Ri peak which lies at elevation of 5,357m and from here we can have 360 degree panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalau, Cho Oyu and other mountains. We can add new places to augment your experience even further on your request. The most suitable time for Gokyo Lake and EBC trek via Cho La Pass is in autumn (October and November) and spring (April and May). The months are selected with consideration of factors like climate and visibility.
Trek Duration : 20 Day
Walking Day : 5 / 6 hour
Max Altitude : 5545m
Difficulty : Challenging
Accommodation : Hotel / Lodge / Guest House
Transportation : Private vehicle and flight
Best Month : Sep – Nov & Mar – May.
Group Size : 2 Pax Minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
Day 01: – Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel and welcome drinks.
Day 02: – Sightseeing in Kathmandu at Swoyabhu and Patan Durbar Square.
Day 03: – Kathmandu – Flight to Lukla (45m) and trek to Phakding (3 / 4h) 2640m.
Day 04: – Phakding – Namche Bazar (3 / 4h) 3440m.
Day 05: – Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar or Khumjung visit day.
Day 06: – Namche – Dole (5 / 6h) 4200m.
Day 07: – Dole – Machherma (4 / 5h) 4470m.
Day 08: – Machherma – Gokyo (3 / 4h) 4790m.
Day 09: – Early in the morning climb to the Gokyo Ri peak (2 / 3h) 5360m.
Day 10: – Gokyo – Thangnak (2 / 3h) 4700m.
Day 11: – Thangnak – Climb up to the Cho La Pass (5420m) and descent to Dzonglha (7 / 8h) 4830m.
Day 12: – Dzonglha – Labuche (3 / 4h) 4910m.
Day 13: – Labuche – Gorak shep (3 / 4h) 5140m. and after lunch explore of Everest Base Camp.
Day 14: – Climb up to Kalapattar early for incredible view of Khumbu Himalayan range (2 / 3h) 5545m and back to Pheriche (3 / 4h) 3450m.
Day 15: – Pheriche – Namche Bazzar (4 / 5h) 3440m.
Day 16: – Namche Bazzar – Phakding (4 / 5h) 2640m.
Day 17: – Phakding – Lukla (2 / 3h) 2840m.
Day 18: – Lukla – Flight kathmandu (40 /45m) 1350m and Transfer to Hotel.
Day 19: – Rest or shopping day.
Day 20: – Departure from Kathmandu to your destination.
Note:- The trip itinerary can be adjust as your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation at 4/5 star in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trip/ travel.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- All domestic flight ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Everyday mineral water during your trip.
- Everyday warm or heater at dining hall.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available.
- All transportation with AC deluxe from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- First Aid Kit for staff.
- National park entry fee and TIMS card or trekking permit whatever needed.
- Down Sleeping bag ( -20)
- Down Jackets and Trouser.
- Trekking stick / pole.
- Potter bag ( Duffel bag)
- Personal expenses like hot shower and battery /charge/wifi.
- Personal equipment.
- All hard drinks such as : whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad.
- Personal insurance and International flight tickets.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation if necessary.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
- Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
- Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
- Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
- Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
- Waterproof and windproof jackets
- T – shirt preferably quick dry
- Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
- Day pack / rucksack
- Torch light with rechargeable batteries
- Personal medicine or first aid
- Towel 2 piece
- Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
- Water bottle or camel bag
- Camera with rechargeable batteries
- Money belt + padlocks and Cash
- Passport + visa copy xxx
- Trip itinerary
- Passport size of photos and Insurance policy copy
- Note book and Pen.
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|