Thorong La- Pass trek is one of the most famous treks in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The 14 days long trek will take you to the Himalayan Shangri La in northwestern Nepal and offer some of the most spectacular views of the lofty peaks as we will trek between the Annapurna Conservation Area and the Mustang, the land beyond Himalayans. The trek route boats of good variation in biosphere as we will trek upwards through the sub-tropical forests to very arid and dry region of the Tibetan Plateau.
The route only became accessible in the 1977 to adventure trekkers as the region was previously a restricted region because of close proximity with Tibet and the sensitivity sharing the border issue. We will start out trek from Besi Sahar in Lamjung district from where we will start our trek uphill through the dirt road exploring the beautiful and unexploited Marshyangdi valley and then finally reach the northern side of the massive Annapurna massif. The main highlight of the trek is that the route will take you to the beautiful and mysterious Kali Gandaki gorge which is also the deepest in the world. The river cuts deeply between the Mount Annapurna (8,091m) and Mount Dhaulagiri (8,167m) in west and east to create the world’s deepest ravine, 5 times deeper than the Grand Canyon.
The most gratifying moment of the trek will be when we will cross the Thorong La Pass at a thrilling elevation of 5,416m. We will trek through the beautiful Himalayan valley of Manang and cross the Thorong La Pass to reach another iconic tourist region of Mustang. In Mustang, we will visit the holy site of Muktinath, one of the most famous pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists. The 14 days trek will result in endless photographs and memories to take back home as we will have truly mesmerizing view of the soaring peaks like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Nilgiri, and Himchuli to name a fiew, massive pristine glaciers, emerald ice lakes, mercury-red deep canyons and truly fascinating settlements in the Himalayan region.
Trek Duration : 15 Day
Walking Day : 5 / 6 hour
Max Altitude : 5416m
Difficulty : Moderate
Accommodation : Hotel / Lodge / Guest House
Transportation : Flight & Private vehicle
Best Month : Sep – Nov & Mar – May.
Group Size : 2 Pax Minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
Day 01: – Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel and welcome drinks.
Day 02: – Sightseeing in Kathmandu Swoyambhu and Patan Durbar Square.
Day 03: – Kathmandu – Drive to Darapani (6 / 7h) 1860m.
Day 04: – Darapani – Chame (6 / 7h) 2670m.
Day 05: – Chame – Upper Pisang (5 / 6h) 3200m.
Day 06: – Upper Pisang – Ngawal Village (3 / 4h) 3600m.
Day 07: – Ngawal – Manang (4 / 5h) 3440m.
Day 08: – Manang – Ledar (3 / 4h) 4050m.
Day 09: – Ledar – High Camp (2 / 3h) 4700m.
Day 10: – High Camp – Cross the Thorong la pass (5416m) and decend to Muktinath (8 /9h) 3760m.
Day 11: – Muktinath – Jomsom (4 /5h) 2750m.
Day 12: – Jomsom – Flight to Pokhara (15 / 20 min) 820m.
Day 13: – Pokhara – Drive to Kathmandu (5 / 6h) 1350m.
Day 14: – Rest and shopping day in Kathmandu.
Day 15: – Departure from Kathmandu to your destination.
Note:- The trip itinerary can be adjust as your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation at 4/5 star in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trip/ travel.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- All domestic flight ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Everyday mineral water during your trip.
- Everyday warm or heater at dining hall.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available.
- All transportation with AC deluxe from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- First Aid Kit for staff.
- National park entry fee and TIMS card or trekking permit whatever needed.
- Down Sleeping bag ( -20)
- Down Jackets and Trouser.
- Trekking stick / pole.
- Potter bag ( Duffel bag)
- Personal expenses like hot shower and battery /charge/wifi.
- Personal equipment.
- All hard drinks such as : whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad.
- Personal insurance and International flight tickets.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation if necessary.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
- Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
- Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
- Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
- Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
- Waterproof and windproof jackets
- T – shirt preferably quick dry
- Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
- Day pack / rucksack
- Torch light with rechargeable batteries
- Personal medicine or first aid
- Towel 2 piece
- Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
- Water bottle or camel bag
- Camera with rechargeable batteries
- Money belt + padlocks and Cash
- Passport + visa copy xxx
- Trip itinerary
- Passport size of photos and Insurance policy copy
- Note book and Pen.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|