Mount Ama Dablam in the Everest region is the most superb and technical mountain to climb in the Himalayans. The location of the Ama Dablam (6,812m), standing tall at the center of the Khumbu Valley in Nepal makes it one of the most beautiful peaks in Khumbu region. Because of its sharp pointed soaring shpe, reaching the top of the soaring peak is every alpine mountaineer’s dream. From the top of Mt. Ama Dablam, we can have beautiful and panoramic view of the Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, all of which are peaks above the elevation of 8,000m. Along with these majestic peaks, you can also have scenic view of other equally beautiful peaks of the Khumbu region. However, only mountaineers with previous climbing experience are qualified to undertake a Ama Dablam expedition as it is one of the most technical peaks to ascend, thus it will most suitably provide you with an ultimate challenge.
The Ama Dablam expedition includes all those elements to make it one of the finest, such as ice and rock scrambling, magnificent panoramic view of the mountains, and a beautifully situated base camp in a meadow alongside a stream. Climbers need to have very good rock and ice climbing skills and also technically competent to take on this Ama Dablam Expedition. On majority parts of the climbing routes, we will have fixed ropes; however, all climbers need to have deep knowledge an practice of climbing skills on steep rocks and hard compact ice. We will follow the standard south-western ridge to the summit as it is the safest route and free of any risks such as an avalanche.
The expedition journey will begin after a scenic flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. We will set off the well-trodden route to the Everest base camp for a thorough acclimatization prior to the ascent to the Ama Dablam base camp. All the arrangements regarding food stocks, climbing gear, medical supplies and tools will be made before you reach the base camp. The Ama Dablam base camp will be taken as the base station during the duration of our Ama Dablam expedition. We will begin our climb from the south western ridge to reach our expedition camp 1 at elevation of 5,700m. from here we will climb on to the western side of the ridge to reach the Camp 2 that is in a very narrow space for camping. We will continue our climb on the ridge and to the challenging traverse eastwards taking us to the gully between Grey Tower and other rocky structures to our Ama Dablam Expedition camp 3. From camp 3, we will once again follow the southwestern ridge to the peak crossing some very deep crevasses. Once you reach the top of Mt. Ama Dablam, it will reward your hard work with absolutely mesmerizing and breathtaking panoramic view of the other peaks in the Khumbu region.
The best time for undertaking the Ama Dablam expedition is in Autumn (October and November) and spring (March to May).
Trek Duration : 31 Days
Walking Day : 5 / 6 hour
Max Altitude : 6812m
Difficulty : Technical and Challenging
Accommodation : Lodge & camping climbing period
Transportation : Private Vehicle, Helicopter
Best Month : Oct – Nov and March – May
Group Size : 4 Pax Minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel.
- All accommodation as BB in Kathmandu.
- Experience professional guide for tour, trekking and expedition.
- All expedition and trekking Permit whatever needed.
- Full insurance and First Aid for staff during the trip.
- Full board meals on trekking, expedition breakfast lunch & dinner.
- Transportation from the starting and ending points of the trekking.
- Flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu.
- All camping equipment like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest, shower and toilet tents in Advance Base Camp.
- Baggage allowance for trekking up and down is 60kg: 40kg ratio per person.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator upon requirement of guest with reliable charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent in the ABC.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication for short and urgent communicate.
- Oxygen Bottles (4L) for Climbers and for Sherpa with mask and regulators.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger in Base Camp.
- All tents for camp 1, 2, 3 and 4; Ice fall charges.
- Free assistance service for cargo and duty clearance.
- Our service charge and Government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, camera/video fees or trekking gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical and travel Insurance with helicopter search and rescue for climber.
- Summit bonus for the Sherpa after approaching to the summit.
- All personal climbing gears.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase or ( DUFFEL BAG ) and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel / climbing at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
Down Jakets, trouser,gloves, shokes etc
Boots ( Millet) / Coflash,
Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
Waterproof and windproof jackets
T – shirt preferably quick dry
Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
Day pack / rucksack
Torch light with rechargeable batteries
Personal medicine or first aid
Towel 2 piece
Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
Water bottle or camel bag
Camera with rechargeable batteries
Money belt + padlocks and Cash
Passport + visa copy xxx and Passport size of photos
Insurance policy copy, Note book and Pens.
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|