The Manaslu expedition is a wholesome climbing adventure of a peak above 8,000m in the famous Khumbu region. Mt Manaslu standing tall at altitude of 8,163m is also the 8th highest peak in the world and is located in the restricted Manaslu trekking region in the Midwestern region of Nepal which is characterized by a very diverse landscape and an equally challenging opportunity of climbing. The peak towers steeply above its satellite peaks and is also the most noticeable and dominant peak even when viewed from the distance. In comparision to Cho Oyu and Sishapangma expeditions, the Manaslu expedition consists more technical challemges and climbers need to be in an excellent physical and mental state to undertake this expedition. One also needs to have a good level of climbing experience and adeptness to altitude at very high elevations. We at Adventure exodus provide a complete and wholistic service to maximize the success of successful expedition of Mt. Manaslu.
We will follow the Budi Gandaki trial to reach Samagaon where we will set up our first camp for acclimatization at elevation of 4,600m. From there, we will climb up to reach the Manaslu Base Camp at an elevation of 4,750m. We will then carefully follow the bamboo marker wands on the top of Manaslu glacier by using fixed ropes to cross the very steep and dangerous sections and crevasses. The Manaslu expedition high camp 1 is set at an altitude of 5,700m at the base of the north peak above the glacier on protected area. Camp 2 is set a t a safe section of the steep climb, on a relatively flatter area at altitude of 6,400m. At this point, there will be very heavy snow. We will then climb up to reach camp 3 at height of 6,800. The distance is one of the shortest and will only take around three hours. The camp 3 is set below the col to avoid strong cold winds. We will continue our ascent upwards on the steep glacier sections with safety to reach camp 4 at elevation of 7,400m which is the final camp.
The ascent of the Manaslu peak normally begins in the evening and leads immediately up an average slope from the summit camp prior to reaching the first of the summit tables. There are altogether three separate levels before arriving at the last final pyramid slope. From there we will take on another short and steep slope below the summit to reach the pre-summit area. To reach the top of the summit we will have to cross a exposed technical traverse for roughly a distance of 70 meters with help of fixed ropes. It will take about 8 to 9 hours to reach the top of the summit from camp 4. On next day, we will return to the base camp following the same route for the descend back to camp 4.
Trek Duration : 50 Days
Walking Day : 5 / 6 Hour
Max Altitude : 8163m
Difficulty : Adventure Challenging
Accommodation : Hotel / Lodge / Guest House and camping climbing period
Transportation : Private Vehicle, Helicopter
Best Month : Oct – Nov and March – May
Group Size : 5 Pax Minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel.
- All accommodation as BB in Kathmandu.
- Experience professional guide for tour, trekking and expedition.
- All expedition and trekking Permit whatever needed.
- Full insurance and First Aid for staff during the trip.
- Full board meals on trekking, expedition breakfast lunch & dinner.
- Transportation from the starting and ending points of the trekking.
- All camping equipment like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest, shower and toilet tents in Advance Base Camp.
- Baggage allowance for trekking up and down is 60kg: 40kg ratio per person.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator upon requirement of guest with reliable charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent in the ABC.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Oxygen Bottles (4L) for Climbers and for Sherpa with mask and regulators.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger in Base Camp.
- All tents for camp 1, 2, 3 and 4; Ice fall charges.
- Free assistance service for cargo and duty clearance.
- Our service charge and Government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, camera/video fees or trekking gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical and travel Insurance with helicopter search and rescue for climber.
- Summit bonus for the Sherpa after approaching to the summit.
- All personal climbing gears.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase or ( DUFFEL BAG ) and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel / climbing at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
Down Jakets, trouser,gloves, shokes etc
Boots ( Millet) / Coflash,
Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
Waterproof and windproof jackets
T – shirt preferably quick dry
Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
Day pack / rucksack
Torch light with rechargeable batteries
Personal medicine or first aid
Towel 2 piece
Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
Water bottle or camel bag
Camera with rechargeable batteries
Money belt + padlocks and Cash
Passport + visa copy xxx and Passport size of photos
Insurance policy copy, Note book and Pens.
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|