Ramdung Peak standing tall at an altitude of 5,930m is a beautiful and alluring peak in the Rowaling Valley which provides a memorable Himalayan mountaineering experience. Mount Ramdung is one of the cluster peaks located near Yalung La (5,310m) situated in the southern part of upper Rowalin area. The peak was first successfully climbed by Bill Murray in 1952 AD. There are also other beautiful trekking peaks along with Mt. Ramdung in the region such as Yalung Ri at elevation of 5,630m and Chhugyima Go at elevation of 6,259m. Ramdung peak is very straightforward in nature and we will not encounter many technical challenges while climbing the peak. Mountaineers with very less mountaineering experience and experienced trekkers can complete the ascent with no difficulty. From the top of Ramdung Peak we will have splendid picturesque views of Dorje Lakpa, Chobabhamre, Gauri Shankar. The peak is relatively very straightforward from technical aspects but it demands intricate logistical planning and ample amount of acclimatization before ascending the peak. We will trek through the less beaten trial of Rowaling region and also the very popular Khumbu region in one trek making it a special one.
The climb to the top of the summit is relatively less technical in comparison to other trekking peaks but the altitude and remote nature of the peak means it is not without any challenges. Once we reach the top of Ramdung peak we will be bestowed with most amazing views of GauriShankar, Meluntse and Mount Everest as well. After successfully climbing the summit we will climb down from the same direction. From there, we will descend down to Na village and cross the snowy Tashi Lapcha Pass which lies at elevation of 5,755m and trek down to Lukla. Our beautiful climbing experience to Ramdung peak will end with a scenic flight to Kathmandu from Lukla.
The best time for Ramdung climbing is in autumn (October and November) and in spring (April and May). The months are selected depending on the climate and visibility. Winter months are not suggested because there will be very heavy snowfall making it impossible to climb
Trek Duration : 20 Days
Walking Day : 5 / 6 hour
Max Altitude : 5900m
Difficulty : Technical
Accommodation : Hotel / Lodge / Guest house and Camp
Transportation : Private vehicle
Best Month : Sep – Nov and Mar – May
Group Size : 2 Pax minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation at 4/5 star in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trip/ travel.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- All domestic flight ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Everyday mineral water during your trip.
- Everyday warm or heater at dining hall.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available.
- All transportation with AC deluxe from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- First Aid Kit for staff.
- National park entry fee and trekking and climbing permits whatever needed.
- Kitchen Materials.
- Dom Tent with fom mattress.
- Toilet and shower tents.
- All climbing gears ( Rope, Ice Crew, Snow bar, Ice axe etc)
- Personal climbing equipment for each climber.
- Oxygen gas with regulator.
- Cook, Cook helper.
- Down Sleeping bag ( -20)
- Down Jackets and Trouser.
- Trekking stick / pole.
- Potter bag ( Duffel bag)
- Personal expenses like hot shower and battery /charge/wifi.
- Personal equipment.
- All hard drinks such as : whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad.
- Personal insurance and International flight tickets.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation if necessary.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|