The Island Peak is an extension of a peak coming down from the southern side of Lhotse Sar. The first successful expedition was made by a expedition group from Switzerland in 1956 AD as a practice before climbing Mount Everest. For more than ten years, Island Peak has remained the favorite choice among mountaineers and trekkers alike. it is a perfect trekking peak to climb if you are looking for just the right balance of fun and adventure. Reaching the top of Island Peak is an incredibly gratifying moment as we will be able to see the majestic view of the Himalayan Shangri La, the whole mountain ranges of the Khumbu region. The substitute route to reach the top of the peak is from High Camp which is situated at height of 5,600mm. The peak is the most noteworthy trekking peak in whole eastern Himalayan range due to its glaciated west face rising from the very big Lhotse Glacier.
The campaign to climb Island Peak will be around 20 days long and the point of highest altitude during the trek will be 6,189m, the height of the peak itself. The nights will be spent in camps, motels and teahouses depending on the region. On average, we will walk around seven hours per day and on some days the hours will be extended to up to eight hours. We will cover a distance of 10 kilometers on average per day. Before climbing the Island Peak we will trek through two iconic destinations in the Everest region, Everest Base Camp at an altitude of 5,087m and Kala Paththar. From here, we can have the most magnificent view of the Mount Everest and other 8,000m above peaks like Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Mt Cho Oyu among others.
Trek Duration : 19 Days
Walking Day : 5 / 6 hour
Max Altitude : 6183m
Difficulty : Moderate
Accommodation : Hotel / Lodge / Guest House & Camp.
Transportation : Private vehicle and flight
Best Month : Sep – Nov & Mar – May
Group Size : 2 Pax Minimum
Itinerary Type : Customize
- Airport Pick up and transfers to hotel and welcome drinks.
- All accommodation at 4/5 star in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trip/ travel.
- Experience professional guide, sub guide and porters.
- Full insurance for staff during the trip.
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing in Katmandu and until finished.
- All domestic flight ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Everyday mineral water during your trip.
- Everyday warm or heater at dining hall.
- Properly tea and coffee whatever hot drink available.
- All transportation with AC deluxe from the starting to ending points of the trip.
- First Aid Kit for staff.
- National park entry fee and trekking and climbing permits whatever needed.
- Kitchen Materials.
- Dom Tent with fom mattress.
- Toilet and shower tents.
- All climbing gears ( Rope, Ice Crew, Snow bar, Ice axe etc)
- Personal climbing equipment for each climber.
- Oxygen gas with regulator.
- Cook, Cook helper.
- Down Sleeping bag ( -20)
- Down Jackets and Trouser.
- Trekking stick / pole.
- Potter bag ( Duffel bag)
- Personal expenses like hot shower and battery /charge/wifi.
- Personal equipment.
- All hard drinks such as : whisky, rum, cola, fanta, etc.
- Any extra cost offering from unfavorable circumstance such as weather bad.
- Personal insurance and International flight tickets.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation if necessary.
- Personal tips for trekking staff.
While you make such a adventure travel plan to visit in Nepal, Please bring your one suitcase or ( DUFFEL BAG ) and trekking day pack inside or as hand luggage use for at Kathmandu. You just need casual clothes such as jeans and a light jacket if the evening time gets cold. Leave your things that you don’t need in Trekking/ Travel / climbing at Hotel, while you return from the trip then you you will it back from there. The things that you need are listed below:
– Snow Glass
– Down Jakets, trouser,gloves, shokes etc
– Boots ( Millet) / Coflash,
– Trekking boots / shoes and Socks normally 4 / 5 spare,
– Camp / lodge footwear ( sandals)
– Thermal underwear ( long sleeve tops and paints)
– Walking trouser ( light and flexible) but not jeans paint
– Waterproof and windproof jackets
– T – shirt preferably quick dry
– Sun hat, Gloves 2 pair, Neck scarf and Sun glass
– Day pack / rucksack
– Torch light with rechargeable batteries
– Personal medicine or first aid
– Towel 2 piece
– Lib guard (balm) and Sun cream
– Water bottle or camel bag
– Camera with rechargeable batteries
– Money belt + padlocks and Cash
– Passport + visa copy xxx and Passport size of photos
– Trip itinerary
– Insurance policy copy, Note book and Pens.
|S.No.||Departure Date||Availability||Duration / Cost||Cost/Person||Join Group|